Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And the year(s) come to an end...

I cannot believe it has been 4 years since I started this degree, or even 4 months since we started blogging!To be honest I was terrified to do this and had no faith in my blogging skills. Now that I'm done though I will admit that I really did enjoy it! I'm sure many of us will continue seeing things on the internet that will make us think "oh that would make a great blog idea", and perhaps some of us will even continue blogging (I'm currently undecided). I also want to thank everyone for this online community we have! It has been great hearing your comments and reading from your perspectives!


As this semester dies down, I know we are all working very hard on our final projects. For this class I have created another blog discussing how our engagement with social media sites has reshaped and created new expectations in many of our relationships! Most of you I'm sure will definitely be able to relate!

Another classmate of ours has chosen to do her final project by making an online magazine! titled "The Revolution Will Be Digital" (as seen to the left). This online magazine mimics a real magazine right down to the turning of pages, it is definitely a must see (and kinda makes me wish I had thought of it)! It was created using free software from Wix.com. The magazine discusses many debates that arise as we enter into this digital revolution, however I was unable to read the articles as I could not figure out how to zoom in, maybe you can though?

Enjoy and best of luck with your final projects!

1 comment:

  1. I'm equally terrified about the future of this degree. I plan to pursue a post-grad across the jolly old pond but, i'm afraid that might be just buying some time. The future for communications seems to hold such an impact, it's the glue of human nature, the forefront of entertainment and necessary for industries like public relations and advertising to work. Yet it seems like nobody is taking it as seriously as they should. What gives? Hopefully society will catch on just as I graduate. Here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete